Call Now:


Law Offices of

Travis H. Whitfield, Inc.

Trusted Attorneys

2016 Copyright © Law Offices of Travis Whitfield. All Rights Reserved.

The Law Offices of Travis Whitfield can help you with Property Division.  We have experience in helping clients with dividing real property, personal property, deferred compensation accounts, 401(k)’s, 403(b)’s, stocks, bonds and other assets.  It is important that you contact an experienced attorney before you make any agreements with your spouse.

Property Division

Our clients often tell us that their spouse wants to be “fair” and divide the assets in half.  We later find out that this doesn’t happen because assets are not disclosed, valued properly, or not valued at all.  The truth is that assets in California whether they are real property, businesses, art, or baseball cards get divided in the same manner according to your community property interest.  Make sure that you contact our office #408.879.9039, so that we can discuss your assets and your options before you go to court.


Child Custody, Visitation, Child Support and Spousal Support Orders, in most cases, can be modified is there is a change in one or both of the parties circumstances.  A change in circumstance can be anything from an increase or decrease in income, a change in the Custody and Visitation arrangement, or in extreme cases, a problem with Domestic Violence or Restraining Orders against one or both parties.

We try to work with clients and accommodate their needs whenever possible.  If there is a change of circumstance that can be worked out, I like to get agreements and stipulations to avoid the time and costs of going to court.  However, sometimes parties are uncooperative and you are forced to file a Motion to Modify a Court Order.  In these cases you will probably have to file an updated Income and Expense Declaration.